Inside of gauge lense dirty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside of gauge lense dirty

The speedometer lense is filthy inside (the innerside of the glass is very foggy). Is it possible to clean this myself or do I need to hire an expert?
    Thank you,
    Brent

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

I just done this, unscrew speed cable remove lights three of them they just pull out, their are two clamps that bolt on the speedometer and push towards the dash, remove those and unit will come out of the front of the dash. Around the chrome ring their are little tabs use a small screwdriver to pry them up, the unit will come apart now you can clean the glass and or grease the threads that drive speedometer. their is a white ring holding the glass in just pull and it should come right out. To pull the glass completely out of the ring.

<div align="left">My first stude '61 champ in 1987</div id="left"> <center>Shane</center><center>Kennewick, WA</center>

Comment

Okay, I will give it a try! Sadly, I recently had the speedometer out when I applied red oak woodgrain vinyl to the dash in my GT. The foggy gauge didnt bother me until I spruced up the dash's appearance....now the gauge looks hideaous! [:0]

Brent's rootbeer racer.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Working...
      X