No announcement yet.

dual quad inake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your right crower.i take a lot of meds at night which brings on a 60's moment,plus i'm a bad speller to start with only did what i had to do to get by in school with the engish, if i had studied english and did better than a d i would have made the honor roll every time,but did not, i'm sorry for it now.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

Jed, here is the pictures of the one I have if it doesn't show enough I will take more when at the shop today...Bob

/

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
      canbstudebakers-
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

looks like it would support a couple of 4150 holleys. about 390 or 450 cfm.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

The adapters necessary to support the Holley bolt pattern hang WAYover the Rochester 4CG/Carter WCFB bolt pattern and look klunky on a show car. Been there, done that.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

The adapters necessary to support the Holley bolt pattern hang WAYover the Rochester 4CG/Carter WCFB bolt pattern and look klunky on a show car. Been there, done that.
            Plus...running the ol' skool 4 Jets or WCFB's ADDS to "the look". As a bonus, those early 4 barrels were nice and small...350-400 CFM.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have one stromberg if anyone looking.

Comment

What is thw standard cfm for a 3589S AFB Carter as utilized on an Avanti?

AFB's are notoriously hard to get CFM ratings for. The 3589S uses a 1 1/16" primary venturi diameter and that size is not listed on any of the charts I've seen. The R2 carbs are 625 cfm and the R4's are 575 cfm EACH.

R2Andy
                R2Andrea

Comment

Well "fools wonder in where wise men fear to tread" Bob's pictures sucked me in and my wife/kids/grandkids said Merry Xmas early. My thought is to keep the project looking as "old skool" as possible. Now the search is on for a pair of (very small) carbs. If anybody has a pair, send pictures (and Price). Also, air cleaners and linkage are on the list.
                  Thanks for all of the information and comments.
                  Jed
                  sigpic

Comment

Good to hear you are going for it! That will be a real-deal period piece when done. Now that you know the challenges, we'll give you all the help we can.

The Carter WCFBs were used on the OEM Chevy and Mopar 2x4s '56-58. The Rochester 4GCs were used on Cadillac and Packards '55-56. Finding a matched pair of either 2x4s will be the trick. Those from single 4-bbl installations can be modified to work on 2x4 via jet and linkage changes. A guy on the net was selling photocopies of the Carter WCFB 2x4 tuning pamphlet a while back. The Corvette 2x4 air cleaners are repro'd and available through hot rod and vintage Vette dealers.

Unless you are an experienced carb rebuilder, consider going a couple of years out on birthday and Christmas presents and having the Carb Doctor or Daytona Carbs do a complete remanufacturing for you. They aren't CASO-priced, but you'll know you have as close to new as is possible.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                    PackardV8

Comment

Jack,
                      Thanks for all of your comments. I'm anxious to get started.
                      Jim Nation (aka Jeds55)
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X