I need a flasher 55 president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a flasher 55 president

I need a flasher for 55 president. I went to NAPA ,and he said they have a three prong . I have a 2 prong, what ,do I do? 2 door coupe.Stude international doesn't have em ,but I'm going to call anyway. Maybe one of the vendors in the TW might have em.

Still 6 volt? I have a couple spares. Not new but good
    used. Ten dollars plus shipping.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Tex still six volt. I got one comin tomorrow, want to see if this works. This is a three prong one. Most likely for the 4- door model . If this doesn't work ,I will contact you. I have the two prong model. Are yours two prong ,or three prong. Talking to a vendor ,he said one tab is marked P for power, and the other is L for load, with those two maybe this will work. I don't know what the third tab is for . Expensive if this doesn't work.

Comment

Why can't those flashers be rebuilt. I called a electrical shop, and he said no . What's on the inside of those anyway? He said he could alter a 12 volt , knowing amps , volts etc.

Comment

Check with Tom Karkowitz at Mulberry Farms in South Bend, IN

Jim Caldwell
          "The view don't change if you ain't the lead dog"

Comment

The 55 flasher is a one year only unit, 6 volt, two prong. Part number 536389. SI used to list them in their catalog at $40 each (NOS), which I thought was kind of pricy, but apparently they've sold out of them, so it goes to show what I know. Anyway I have several of these NOS in stock. If you are interested in one drop me an email: dpson1954@comcast.net.

Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
            1961 Lark Crusier
            1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
            Dan Peterson
            Montpelier, VT
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
            1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 14x7

Talking to a vendor ,he said one tab is marked P for power, and the other is L for load, with those two maybe this will work. I don't know what the third tab is for . Expensive if this doesn't work.
              Is the third terminal marked X or +? Usually the P stands for pilot, meaning the indicator light. That's the one you can bend over.

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
              "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

Working...
              X