Under seat aux heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under seat aux heater

In looking through the body book for '59 through '64, in the accessory pages it shows the under seat heater for C/K bodies listed for all years except '63? I find this a bit odd, did Studebaker bring back this accessory for '64? I assume that with the new heater design in '63 the thought was that the under seat heater was no longer needed? However after more thought, the plumbing with the location of the '63/'64 heater box would make the under seat heater connections pretty crazy.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

OK I guess I can reply to my own topic, especially since there is so much interest!

Anyway, I got looking through my old TW and found the April '97 issue which covers the '64 Hawk. Sure enough for '64 AC-3468 was available as a dealer installed option for $39.50! I still am not sure how the water lines would go to hook it up and I doubt anyone would have the instructions that show it? Shoot Twin Traction was only $.50 more!!!!

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Dan, maybe if you move to Alaska, you might want to think about it!

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Dan, maybe if you move to Alaska, you might want to think about it!

StudeRich
        Right on! I have one in my '64 Cruiser for those -50F winter days. Actually, helps on any subzero days especially if weatherstripping is old and definitely a real plus for rear seat passengers. I also have one under the rear seat in my '63 wagon. I ran the hoses back along the inside of the frame and cut a rectangular opening in the metal support on the front of the lower seat cushion so hot air could get out. The kids REALLY like that heater. A friend of mine (now deceased) had one under each bucket seat of his '63 Hawk. By the way, you could still buy these long after Studebaker quit manufacturing cars. Haydees (sic) sells the same unit. I have the correct name and number in the garage; just don't have access at the moment. I think I got my last one from JC Whitney.

Dale Haggstrom
        Fairbanks, Alaska

Comment

Working...
        X