X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffDeWitt
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Captain Billy

I spoke to them earlier today and they said that those were within spec...seems doubtful that anyone would use a set of rings with this variance. They did not offer replacemant rings.

I also spoke to a very qualified engine builder, he said that if he recieved a set such as this ....he would send them back....he would never use them.

Note: these were/are moly rings

Bill Foy
    Kingston, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider
    I'd ask to speak to that persons supervisor.

Jeff DeWitt
    http://carolinastudes.net

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    replied
    .010 variance in end gap of the rings seems excessive to me. I use Hastings rings when I rebuild Stude engines with good results. I've never seen more than a couple of thousandths difference in end gaps. I've had problems in the past with Grant rings seating, hopefully it's just me and other rebuilders have had good results with Grant rings. Bud

Leave a comment:

• Captain Billy
    replied

I spoke to them earlier today and they said that those were within spec...seems doubtful that anyone would use a set of rings with this variance. They did not offer replacemant rings.

I also spoke to a very qualified engine builder, he said that if he recieved a set such as this ....he would send them back....he would never use them.

Note: these were/are moly rings

Bill Foy
    Kingston, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider

Leave a comment:

• Kdancy
    replied
    Bill,
    I had the same issue a couple of years ago on a 289 I rebuilt. I called them and they were great to deal with. Sent me the needed rings very quickly.

53commander HDTP
    53 Champion HDTP
    64 Champ long bed V8

Leave a comment:

• Captain Billy
    replied
    I hope they are as kind to me, I just unwrapped a set of Grant rings and found the top rings to be of different sizes, with an endgap far in excess of spec.

The bore is the required 3.563 with end gaps ranging from .012" all the way up to .023"

I'll be calling them later today when California wakes up.

Bill

Bill Foy
    Kingston, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider

Leave a comment:

• Price
    started a topic Good Experience with Grant Piston Rings

Good Experience with Grant Piston Rings

Back in Aug. I got a set of Grant Piston Rings for my 1950 Studebaker truck. In the process of putting the new rings in 2 were broken. I called Grant Piston rings and spoke to Craig. It was no problem! He sent me 3 new rings without having to buy a complete new set! The customer service is great and I highly recommend them.
Working...
X