No announcement yet.

Here' something wierd for ya...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL! That's why I went to riding a kow too!

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

It's normally not a good idea to argue with the boss. Companies are not democracies. If the guy who signs the check wants it done a certain way, that's the way its done. When you cited the discount, the guy should have got the manager, not argued the point. Had he done that in the first place he would have saved face and not got everyone irritated. Sounds like he'll be collecting a little unimployment to me.

Side story about modern parts stores: Called around for a special battery... Advance Auto had one- $199 list, said he'd give it to me for $110... went to get it and got this glum-faced jerk... looked it up and said $128... told him I was quoted $110; his reply was to jab his finger at the screen and deadpan, "It says right there, $128" and just ignored my protests! I needed it quickly, so I said whatever... as he was typing it up, the manager walked by and told him it was quoted at $110... boy was he ticked! Argued with the manager a little- I couldn't resist extending my hands sideways and saying, "Just like I said!" Jerk walked away, and manager finished up and apologized. I told the manager the guy was a jerk- he apologized again and insisted I take some free windshield washer fluid; and promised he'd speak to the jerk...

I left hoping he'd be fired, but then thought, what's the use, probably will be replaced by the same.... oh well...[xx(]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

[/quote]

Comment

Working...
      X