Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retired
    replied
    [font=Comic Sans MS]Our '63 had a nice round hole under the dash end plate. I thought about enlarging it to provide more operating space but, chose not to at the time.......The clock was sent for repair to our former paper boy who later in life become the CEO of Borge Instruments.font=Comic Sans MS]

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    You remove the drivers seat to make it easier lying on your back when looking up under the dash fishing around with your hands.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Leave a comment:

• 64V-K7
    replied
    Yes, as Richard said, however, I don't think the dash end actually has a hole already in it. I recall I had to cut one in my car when that was needed. I made it oversized so I could get to more than just the clock.
    .. ....and why remove the drivers seat?

Bob Johnstone
    www.studebaker-info.org

64 GT Hawk
    55 President State Sedan
    70 Avanti (R3)

Leave a comment:

• bonehead007
    replied
    Thanks for the information.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Leave a comment:

• Retired
    replied
    Yep. (1) Disconnect the battery. (2) Remove the drivers seat. (3) Remove the chrome piece at the end of the dash.(4) Remove the wire from the clock. (5) Remove the retaining nuts. (6) Lift clock out from the front of the dash.

Sounds easy but, it's not. Limited working space.

If the clock face has to be refinished, email John Berry at phoenixresto@mchsi.com

Richard

Leave a comment:

• bonehead007
    started a topic Avanti Clock Removal

Avanti Clock Removal

Without being a contortionist, is there an easy way to get the clock out and in an Avanti ?

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together
Working...
X