Clear All

• wolfie
    replied
    Thanks Skip. Steve

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by wolfie

So if I understand that correctly the lights wont come on unless the brakes are actually working and holding pressure no matter how far down the pedal goes,correct? Steve
    Yes

Skip Lackie
    Washington DC

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied
    So if I understand that correctly the lights wont come on unless the brakes are actually working and holding pressure no matter how far down the pedal goes,correct? Steve

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    If it has been sitting that long, you could very well have "grounding" problems. Since all these cars used a chassis ground, you could have rust and corrosion at the grounds on every light socket in the car. Since the brake light is a "Pressure" switch, you will have to have enough "Pressure" to activate it. Once you have made certain that you have good ground on your circuits, good bulbs, and a "hot" wire going to your brake switch...then you can check to see if the switch is good by applying enough brake pressure to the system. A board might not be sufficient if the pressure does not "hold" sufficient pressure to activate the switch. Either get a helper to observe as you press the pedal or do it after dark so you can see the lights as they activate.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975

Leave a comment:

• 14x7
    started a topic Brakes lights I assume don't work 55 president

Brakes lights I assume don't work 55 president

After I put a board on the brake pedal, and the lights don't go on after 20 some years, I think first check bulbs. But then I 'll have to trace down the fuse , and hydralic switch, right ? thanks Mike 14x7
Working...
X