• Show
Clear All

• buddymander
    replied
    you got lucky man

Leave a comment:

• danger831
    replied
    thanks you thank you got her purring like a kitten I still have a lot of unknown loose wires but just jumpering to the battery - did the trick can't believe the first time i turned it over with gas it it she fired up and sat there and idled perfect!!

Leave a comment:

• bison
    replied
    Hi Dan
    personally I would pull the plug wires to check for a spark at each plug because it sounds to me like you might have your coil hooked up properly. if you are getting a spark i would just go back and check my firing order. and timing.
    Good luck , Blake

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    No resistor in a 6 volt ignition system!

quote:Originally posted by buddymander

Positive battery to ground. Negative to the negative side of the coil. Positive to the distributor. Don't run it for long without a resistor because you'll burn the points. Like just a couple minutes; that's it, then figure out how to wire in the resistor to run it continuously.

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    Dan, I probably don't know what I'm talking about, but what the heck. If you are going to remove the engine anyway, why not just go ahead and take it out in order to work on it? It would be easier to get to I would think.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Leave a comment:

• buddymander
    replied
    Positive battery to ground. Negative to the negative side of the coil. Positive to the distributor. Don't run it for long without a resistor because you'll burn the points. Like just a couple minutes; that's it, then figure out how to wire in the resistor to run it continuously.

Leave a comment:

• danger831
    started a topic coil wiring

coil wiring

OK I am still trying to get my 1950 running rebuilt the distributor today new points, cap, rotor, condenser and coil but Im not sure what is wrong the distributor seems to be working I'm getting an ark across the points but still no fire I think I still could have the coil wired wrong. Can someone tell me how to wire the coil and distributor straight to the battery just to get the engine running I have so many dangling wires and wires with no insulation I 'm not sure even if I had all the wires hooked up it would work being wired though the wiring harness so I just what to hot wire the ignition system just to make sure the engine runs before taking it out to start on the restoration of the car.thanks
Working...
X