Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    IIRC, the bar is at 13.50 and the cage is at 11.50..
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

IIRC, NHRA requires an approved roll bar in closed cars running quicker than 11.50 and open cars quicker than 13.50.
    thnx, jack vines
    PackardV8

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    IIRC, NHRA requires an approved roll bar in closed cars running quicker than 11.50 and open cars quicker than 13.50.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8

Leave a comment:

• Dan Timberlake
    replied
    Yeah, at first putting on my full face felt like stuffing my head down a rabbit hole. I'm used to it now.
    Some MC statistics show something like 1/3 of impacts during accidents land in the area left open by an open face (but not puddin' bowl) type helmet.
    My head is peculiarly shaped. Long, front to back. For some reason Shoei has chosen to make helmets that fit me comfortably. Most others are abrasively tight even in XXL

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Yes, you can still buy an open face helmet.
    What style helmet depends on the sanctioning body a/o track rules.
    But today, with what is available, an open face helmet is like a hockey goalie wearing pads but not wearing a cup.
    What's your face worth?
    Safety first imoho...
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by hotrodstude

are the old helmets still used? i don't like the full face ones.

Leave a comment:

• hotrodstude
    replied
    are the old helmets still used? i don't like the full face ones.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    The Stig does whats needed to win!

Tom

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

Since Jeff brought it up, anybody know what model "The Stig" (Top Gear) wears?
    Says "Simpson" :

Here is Clarkson 'enjoying' a Kia .... Obama's car of the future.[V]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    I had a Bell M-2 when I was racing in the SCCA. The current version is the M-3.

They make them in fiberglass and Kevlar. The bad part about buying a helmet in 2009 is that the Snell rating will change in 2010. So the helmet will be recognized until 2015.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    One oh 'his' helmets was sold on Ebay as a charity auction last April..
    http://jalopnik.com/tag/the-stig-helmet-auction/

quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

Leave a comment:

• hotrodstude
    replied
    i have an old german helmet i guest that is no longer valid? if you join nhra you get a current rule book but the last one i saw you needed a lawyer to read it.when do you need a rollbar? when do you need a roll cage?the helmet was good enough for the state of va. when i had my hog back in the early 90's.[)]

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Leave a comment:

• jlmccuan
    replied

Jim

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    Mine's a Pyrotect. Snell SA 2005. Mainly for track days (road course). Most tracks won't allow a motor cycle (M) helmet and require an automobile helmet (SA). A Snell SA 2005 will qualify most anywhere.

http://www.pyrotecthelmets.com/

http://www.pyrotect.com/home.php?cat=4

I researched pretty thoroughly before I bought mine and Pyrotect was top rated at less than Bell, Simpson, and other bigger names.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Leave a comment:

• nibbs53
    replied
    Jeff.

BE SAFE/HAVE A GOOD TIME AND LOTS OF FUN.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    All great comments...
    This is what I wanted.
    I can shop comfortably knowing if I look at SFI31.1A+ and SFI41.2A+ I should be OK...
    Thanks all!
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by nibbs53

IHRA, ... HELMET: SN 95 and newer or SFI 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A ...

NHRA requires a DOT, SNELL or SFI helmet for any car quicker than 14.00. There are a number of different specs so you should check with your local tech inspector.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X