No announcement yet.

Race Helmet... Shopping.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

are the old helmets still used? i don't like the full face ones.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

Yes, you can still buy an open face helmet.
        What style helmet depends on the sanctioning body a/o track rules.
        But today, with what is available, an open face helmet is like a hockey goalie wearing pads but not wearing a cup.
        What's your face worth?
        Safety first imoho...
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by hotrodstude

are the old helmets still used? i don't like the full face ones.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yeah, at first putting on my full face felt like stuffing my head down a rabbit hole. I'm used to it now.
          Some MC statistics show something like 1/3 of impacts during accidents land in the area left open by an open face (but not puddin' bowl) type helmet.
          My head is peculiarly shaped. Long, front to back. For some reason Shoei has chosen to make helmets that fit me comfortably. Most others are abrasively tight even in XXL

Comment

IIRC, NHRA requires an approved roll bar in closed cars running quicker than 11.50 and open cars quicker than 13.50.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
            PackardV8

Comment

IIRC, the bar is at 13.50 and the cage is at 11.50..
              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

IIRC, NHRA requires an approved roll bar in closed cars running quicker than 11.50 and open cars quicker than 13.50.
              thnx, jack vines
              PackardV8
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
              X