Champ = V8 Lark brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ = V8 Lark brakes

Just to make sure I have this straight in my head. I looked at old Champ brake threads and want to confirm what I think I understand.

If one wants to upgrade the standard brakes on their Champ, Lark V8 brake assemblies (backing plates, shoes etc.) can be modified for Champ use provide you do a bit of drilling for hole differences in the backing plates. Will this work for both the front and rear axles?

And one can use mid 1970's Chevy C10 brake drums all around after machining off a ridge from the Champ hub.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
    The Replacements.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

I would not know, I have used '63-'64 8E-5,7 complete brake assy's. on earlier Trucks. [:0]

For one, the rear backing plate e-brake dimples/holes would be different, and I suspect many more things.

The Truck used the 6 Cyl. car smaller 1" front Wh. Cyl. and the rear used the V-8 car rear 7/8" because of the possible rear load.

The shoes however are all car V-8 front 11", without automatic adjusters, same as '54-'62 cars. [^]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

After seeing the pictures of SASCO's inventory, I'll run the part numbers for the 8E 1/2 ton rear backing plates. I have a number of Lark V8 backing plates from long dead Larks down in the barn.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
      The Replacements.
      \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
      The Replacements.

Comment

Working...
      X