Clear All

• studeken
    replied
    thanx, guys. KP

Ken Pyle

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    replied
    The drums are not the same as the earlier trucks. The drums are wider with the self energizing brakes using the 177 shoes. I learned this from experience when I had my 64 8E7. Bud

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    The hubs for 1/2 ton trucks are the same from 1959 to '64. The only difference from earlier hubs is a different outer wheel bearing.
    The 1963-'64 drums are different in that they are about 1/4" deeper. If you do get earlier drums to seat properly, they will probably scrape against the outer edges of the brake shoes.

HEY, you're not Wilbur!

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by studeken

Can anyone tell me for sure if when Champ brakes changed to the car-type in '63 if the drums remained the same? thanx KP

Ken Pyle
    Yep, drums stayed the same - simply backing plates and internals that changed in 1963.

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
    [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by studeken

Can anyone tell me for sure if when Champ brakes changed to the car-type in '63 if the drums remained the same? thanx KP
    I am pretty sure they are the same or interchangeable Ken, but to be sure here is half of the answer:

OK, Parts Catalog to the rescue AGAIN. There were (2) of 1690784 Front Hub & Drum Assy's. used on 4E,5E & 6E-1,5,6,7 (1/2 Ton '59-'61 Trucks W/185, 245 & 259/289) with standard non-split rim wheels. Not used on 3E (1957-58).

Ditto on 7E-5,7's!

Now if someone with a 8E Catalog will verify that these are used on 8E's you will be set.

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• studeken
    started a topic Champ brakes

Champ brakes

Ken Pyle
Working...
X