Paint underneath Avanti hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint underneath Avanti hood?

On a '63 Avanti; is the hood supposed to be painted underneath the insulation? If so, is it supposed to be black or the color of the car? Thanks!
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

quote:Originally posted by edpjr

On a '63 Avanti; is the hood supposed to be painted underneath the insulation? If so, is it supposed to be black or the color of the car? Thanks!
    It would be painted body color and the glue and insulation installed last, but I sure can't see how it could matter when finished! Bare fiberglass, primer or top coat, whatever it is, all will be covered anyway by the insulation. Your Engine Compartment IS body color, right? [:0]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes it is. But under the insulation is black. Thanks!

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

quote:Originally posted by edpjr

It would be painted body color and the glue and insulation installed last, but I sure can't see how it could matter when finished! Bare fiberglass, primer or top coat, whatever it is, all will be covered anyway by the insulation. Your Engine Compartment IS body color, right? [:0]

StudeRich
      edp/NC
      \'63 Avanti
      \'66 Commander

Comment

My '63 was body color under what was left of the insulation & I have no reason to believe that anything under the hood had been repainted.

duane miller

Comment

Working...
        X