Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolfie
    replied
    Wow, Now I am curious. That eliminates most of the ones I have here. Maybe I will take the worn out plastic Ford one I have for the trip home. SI has one listed I will order soon. Thanks for the info,that saves me some room in my already overweight toolcase. Steve

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    Took my shifter knob off last night in the cool night air & found my 3/8 by 24 die would go on but not run down the shaft, the 3/8 by 16 was way too course & the 7/16ths by 20 that I thought by looking at it ended up being too big. Now I wonder what it is!!!

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Warren Webb

My shifter knob is on so tight I'd have to use some strongarm tactics to get it off, but just by looking, it appears to be a 7/16ths by 20 thread. When things cool off somewhat, I can try to get it off later to make sure.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    Thanks Warren, but I can take a small assortment with me or buy the universal one at the FLAPS with different size inserts. Since yours is on that tight I would hate for you to chance breaking it trying to get this bit of info for me. I had hoped someone would know just so I could save a bit of weight in my tool bag. Thanks again,Steve

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    My shifter knob is on so tight I'd have to use some strongarm tactics to get it off, but just by looking, it appears to be a 7/16ths by 20 thread. When things cool off somewhat, I can try to get it off later to make sure.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    started a topic shifter knob thread size

shifter knob thread size

I need to know what the thread size and pitch for the shifter knob on the 64 champ 4 speed is. It doesnt have a knob and I thought I would try a couple I have here before I buy a universal kit from the FLAPS. Pics were just learning to post pics myself but are the wrong side of two I have. I will order one from SI when I get the truck home but need to conserve finances as much as possible until then. Thanks,Steve

Working...
X