Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    I guess they expect that full-car kind of generic diagram on Pg. 315 & 316, Plate 11-7 and 11-8 should cover it! ...NOT! (entirely)!

You would have picture the Master Cylinder with TWO lines coming out of the Brass dual port "Y" instead of only one, as shown for the Hill Holder cars. [:0]

I really do not believe ANY aftermarket brake line Mfg. could ever get all of the configurations correct on all these models and options.
    Maybe the one that makes them from your old sample would actually work with all that shipping expense of sending a 5 or 6 foot long box or whatever two ways.

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Anti creep was for auto trans cars, no roll for cars with manual trans.

Thanks! I guess that makes sense! Weird, there's no diagram that I can see in the manual, of brake lines for '63-64 drum brake cars, no power, with neither No Rol nor Anti-Creep!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    '64 Daytona Hardtop

[u]</u>[u]</u>

Leave a comment:

• Laemmle
    replied
    Anti creep was for auto trans cars, no roll for cars with manual trans.

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

The prebent brake lines I ordered from Inline Tube are way too short, and in fact both my '63 and '64 have an extra piece of tube with a connector that is conspicuously absent from my new, $179 prebent set.

Looking in the Chassis Parts Catalog, I see a diagram that shows two different diagrams for brake lines, one labelled "With No Rol" and the other labelled "With Anti-Creep".

WTH's the difference?

In hindsight, I do think it's odd that Inline Tube's website shows "'59-64 Lark 2-door 109 WB with no Hill Holder", when the master cylinders changed over the years and no mention of power brakes versus none, or drum versus disc brakes.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '64 Daytona Hardtop

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    started a topic No Rol versus Anti-Creep

No Rol versus Anti-Creep

The prebent brake lines I ordered from Inline Tube are way too short, and in fact both my '63 and '64 have an extra piece of tube with a connector that is conspicuously absent from my new, $179 prebent set.

Looking in the Chassis Parts Catalog, I see a diagram that shows two different diagrams for brake lines, one labelled "With No Rol" and the other labelled "With Anti-Creep".

WTH's the difference?

In hindsight, I do think it's odd that Inline Tube's website shows "'59-64 Lark 2-door 109 WB with no Hill Holder", when the master cylinders changed over the years and no mention of power brakes versus none, or drum versus disc brakes.

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '64 Daytona Hardtop
Working...
X