Pre-Bent Brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Bent Brake lines

Has anybody done business with Classic tube, or any other company that sells pre-bent brake lines? The brake lines on the Avanti are shot and I'd like to install a stainless system. It would be much easier to install lines with the bends already in them, and worth it if the cost is reasonable. Any recommendations gratefully received.

I sent my 8E12 lines(rusty and useless) to Classic Tube and they duplicated them exactly. I got them in stainless steel and they worked perfectly.

3E38
    4E2
    4E28
    5E13
    7E7
    8E7
    8E12
    8E28

59 Lark
    etc

Comment

I got a set of stainless steel from Inline tube (www.inlinetube.com) for my Avanti. No need to send your old ones. They fit well and only needed minor ajustments to some of the bends.

Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
      Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Both Classic tube and In line tube do good work. Get the stainless ones if you can.

Jim

Comment

Thansk, guys.

Inline can deliver in 3-4 days. Classic said 3-4 weeks. Price differeintial is $4. I went with Inline.

Comment

I bought a rear axle set from one or the other of them, I forget which one. Fit right on and worked great. I believe that they did offer a whole car set for an Avanti, I bought only the rear axle lines because a) that's all I needed and b) I don't have an Avanti (I was having a hard time making the tight bends between the wheel cylinders and the traction bar brackets.)

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I purchased mine from inline. At the time, the listed with a hill holder only. And what they sent did not fit the hill holder option. It had the incorrect line from the master cylinder down to the junction block. And it didn't have the lines at the hill holder.

So, if you have whichever, count the lines that you have and compare when ordering. It will likely save some grief.

The lines did fit nicely. They take a little extra torque to seat them.

========================
              63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
              Martinez, CA

Comment

Working...
              X