Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2Andrea
    replied
    All that research was done years ago. Perhaps Mr. Krem will elaborate?

R2Andy

Leave a comment:

• Thomas63R2
    replied
    The only specific production breakdown that I have seen is:
    R1 2,282
    R2 1,552

R1 519
    R2 281
    R3 9

Since copies of all the Studebaker Avanti production records still exist at the museum, it seems logical enough that a searchable database of production configurations could be created.

The general consensus is that ~ 25% to 30% were manual transmissions. I almost think that gold will turn out to have been the most popular color.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
    Packrat junk collector
    '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Leave a comment:

• Laemmle
    replied
    IMHO nothing shows an Avanti better than white! In fact a round bezel white Avanti is the bee's knee's:-)

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

The numbers will show more Automatics, maybe 60-70%.

In my opinion the Avanti Red: (Corvette Honduras Maroon Metallic) shows off the lines of the car by far the best and fits it's High Performance Image, with the Gold as a Second. The Turquoise also looked good if you like Green.
    The Black and the Gray that replaced it, not so much.

The number sold however will be a different thing entirely, since White was so popular in the '60's, it COULD be the sales leader! Even though after Black, it is certainly next to the worst color for the shape of the car.
    Avantis really do look correct, and need a Metallic light to Medium Color!

I would be surprised if anyone has counted the Production Orders with various Colors and Options on all 5000 plus '63's,'64's Automatics, 4 Speeds, a handful of 3 speeds, R1's, R2's, and R3's.

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    The numbers will show more Automatics, maybe 60-70%.

In my opinion the Avanti Red: (Corvette Honduras Maroon Metallic) shows off the lines of the car by far the best and fits it's High Performance Image, with the Gold as a Second. The Turquoise also looked good if you like Green.
    The Black and the Gray that replaced it, not so much.

The number sold however will be a different thing entirely, since White was so popular in the '60's, it COULD be the sales leader! Even though after Black, it is certainly next to the worst color for the shape of the car.
    Avantis really do look correct, and need a Metallic light to Medium Color!

I would be surprised if anyone has counted the Production Orders with various Colors and Options on all 5000 plus '63's,'64's Automatics, 4 Speeds, a handful of 3 speeds, R1's, R2's, and R3's.

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• Kiwistudefan
    started a topic Avanti R1 production figures

Avanti R1 production figures

Can anyone break down the 1963 Avanti R1 production figures beyond the 2282 total? I am interested to know the breakdown into autos and manual cars. I believe the manuals were also either 3 or 4 speed.

Following on from this I guess there could be a breakdown by color. What were the most popular Avanti colors?

Mike Hill
    Studebaker Enthusiast
    New zealand
Working...
X