No announcement yet.

Electrical diagram 55 5E pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always been puzzled about that "Under Dash" speaker myself. The Radio mounting surround that requires you to cut the radio delete out of the dash, and then install the radio "Face Plate" looks as though the speaker should go above the radio controls. I suspect that there were differences in the actual intention of the design engineers and the reality of production cost of a special radio just for trucks as the design engineers, and production engineers were coming to terms about what they would "like to have" and what they "could have" during the production meetings for the "C" cabs in the late 40's. After all, these were the days of trucks being "work/utility/farm" vehicles knowing that "extra options" would rarely be expected or even popular. As far as the Shop Manual dated and specified for the 1955 trucks...I would like to see one of those also.

David, when you get to where you can post pictures on the forum...post one of the speaker as it looks now. I think the folks on the forum will be surprised and will enjoy how well preserved and good looking your truck is.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

The factory never did issue a 1955 truck service manual. They did issue a service bulletin in January 1955 that says the 3R manual can be used for most items, and also gives a list of other items and the appropriate manual to look at.
      I see that SI is now listing a 1955 E-series manual. I haven't seen it, but I imagine it is a 3R manual with a supplement added.

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks for the manual help....I am new to the forum....is there an easy way to post photos?....thanks again

Comment

Dwain.....sorry to be such a knucklehead....but what is "si"?

Comment

SI is the vendor Studebaker International. More info for them on the home page of this site.

How to post a pic is in my previous post and also on the forum index pages. If you are on the "your Studebaker forum" page and click on either the General or Technical forums, there is a "sticky" post (a permanent post which shows a locked symbol on the far left side) which will guide through the posting a pic process.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Bob ...... thanks

Comment

Working...
              X