56J rust along seams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56J rust along seams

I'm going over the car with a fine eye for any rust and noticed a tiny bit forming along the seams above the wheel well. Is there any best way of cleaning this out and treating it? It's not along the entire seam, just a few inches in a couple of spots.

Joe H.

Seeing how you're from Canada, go to Canadian Tire and by a spray can of Rust-Check and spray it from the inside of the panel...stuff is messy but it really does work. Had rust on the inside of the seams of a Nissan pick-up. Sprayed it the seams and the rust never got worse for the six years I had it for a daily driver.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. Stock...no way! A Stude hotrod since 1960. In my family since 1958.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks, junior. Will work on it this weekend.

Joe Hevesy
      Kitchener

------------------------------------------------------------

quote:Originally posted by junior

Seeing how you're from Canada, go to Canadian Tire and by a spray can of Rust-Check and spray it from the inside of the panel...stuff is messy but it really does work. Had rust on the inside of the seams of a Nissan pick-up. Sprayed it the seams and the rust never got worse for the six years I had it for a daily driver.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. Stock...no way! A Stude hotrod since 1960. In my family since 1958.

Comment

Working...
      X