Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

2 Door wagon 2nd row seats Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Door wagon 2nd row seats Help!

Does anyone have a picture of the second row seat floorboard area and how the seats mount. I have a set anne Goodman gave me but they do not work. i believe they are for a later model.

Cleaned all the tar and glue off the floor area and there appears to be something missing. Is there a strip or bracket spot welded there?

1959 2door wagon

All of the early back seats mount the same, at least from 54 to 60.
    I know this because I have a 54, a 55, a 59 and a 60. All two door wagons.

No, the seats don't mount to the floor. They mount to brackets comming off of the floor (rear) support and the fender well. The bottom of the seat just rests on the foward floor support. This is so it can lift to be able to get at the bumper jack.

Mike

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten

All of the early back seats mount the same, at least from 54 to 60.
      I know this because I have a 54, a 55, a 59 and a 60. All two door wagons.

No, the seats don't mount to the floor. They mount to brackets comming off of the floor (rear) support and the fender well. The bottom of the seat just rests on the foward floor support. This is so it can lift to be able to get at the bumper jack.

Mike
      Mike
      Thanks,Stude Rich solved the mystery by pointed out what was missing and Barnlark sent a picture. Seems that the PO before the PO i aquired it from, removed the seat box that goes on the floor for some reason. Guess that's why the original seat was missing. So other than the studs for the back seat, the bracket that goes on the lower seat board, and the lower hinge. I'm also missing all the rest of the bits pieces. Looks like i'll have to go sedan delivery unless i come upon a parts car along the way.

Comment

Would a '63 wagon have the parts you need? I know where there is one being parted out (hopefully not too late.......

Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

Would a '63 wagon have the parts you need? I know where there is one being parted out (hopefully not too late.......

Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          I don't know if they fit or not i'm not Lark bright. Will know more when i get to ceder rapids and pick up some books.

From what i can see after cleaning the gunk off the floor board the box seems to have been spot welded to the floor so it would be a bit of work to remove it from a parts car.

Of course the other factor is i live in Az. I guess the first step would to see if the car is still around and go from there.
          regards

Comment

I just love that saying "Lark Bright" we just have to start a Stude dictionary so that we can compile all these neat sayings.

Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
            Fresno,Ca
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o...0door%20Wagon/
              Smitty here are pictures of the wagon that those seats came out of. Might help.

Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
              Fresno,Ca
              Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Oooooo, what happened to the wagon they came out of?

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

BTW Bridgeguard, could you fab up something else to do the same job? I noticed in my wagon all they do is suport the bottom half of the seat, so maybe you could make something work, even if it isnt correct looking.

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o...0door%20Wagon/
                    Smitty here are pictures of the wagon that those seats came out of. Might help.
                    Thanks, the piece i am missing is the seat box shown in picture 15 (third row down on the right) I was using Lark Stupid but i thought i'd go PC due to slobolian pride and switched to not Lark Bright.

Only have a few days before i moved the Midge to storage till after i get back from Guam in Oct.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

BTW Bridgeguard, could you fab up something else to do the same job? I noticed in my wagon all they do is suport the bottom half of the seat, so maybe you could make something work, even if it isnt correct looking.

Dylan Wills

If i can't find what i need, i will either do that or turn it into a sedan delivery.

Comment

Working...
                      X