No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • studegary
    If you are planning on using the R1 block/engine with the supercharger, you will need to make some modification to lower the compression ratio.

    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

    Leave a comment:

  • Warren Webb
    The 57 & 58's used a Mc Culloch superchargers that later became Paxton Products and in 1962 a divison of Studebaker. The 57-58 versions were VS57 while the ones used in 63 & 64 were VS60. As far as brackets go, search the vendors site or try E-Bay or Carigslist. By the way, the name came from the originator of these, Robert Paxton Mc Culloch.

    Is your AFB carb one that was made for Studebaker & is a "sealed" carb?

    60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan

    Leave a comment:

  • dixchief
    started a topic superchargers


    I got a McColloch supercharger, ABF with bonnet and water pump with extra pullies as extras when I bought my 63 Avanti, R1.
    The car came with a 259 replacement but I got the "R" lower block which is being rebuilt.
    I have been reading about the SC's at WWW.VS57.COM. Seems the McColloch became Paxton. I read in this forum about the Paxton SC's in the Stude's. Do the SCers in the Studes say Paxton or Mc Colloch?

    I need a mounting bracket if anyone has one or a lead on one