X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeMann
    replied
    Thanks for the information.

I will tackle this after International Drive your Studebaker Day. For now I will leave the paper jammed in place to keep from 'blowing my own horn'.

Cheers,

Jim

"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
    Jim Mann
    Victoria, B.C.
    Canada

Leave a comment:

• mapman
    replied
    The plastic center piece is held tight by a large rubber o-ring. It will probably be very tight as time allows The o-ring to deform. Take a knife blade and very carefully pry it loose. It is easy to chip. Once that is loose there are some screws to remove the rest. There is a foam rubber "spring" pad between the wheel and the ring which has probably gotten tired and is compressed. I believe they are available from SI.
    While you're in there it is a good time to replace the horn wire through the column.
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• StudeMann
    started a topic How do I remove 51 LC Horn ring

How do I remove 51 LC Horn ring

I have a 51 LC with the deluxe horn ring. A couple of days ago my horn occasionally started to beep a little when I went over a bump or turned the wheel. I noticed that the bottom of the ring (at 6 o'clock) was very close to the steering wheel as if it was being depressed. I have temporarily jammed some paper in there to keep it from sounding on its own.

I don't have a chassis manual so I don't know how to remove the horn button and ring. Any help out there?

"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
    Jim Mann
    Victoria, B.C.
    Canada
Working...
X