Gas Gauge. Where can I get one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Gauge. Where can I get one?

Well, I have been trying to get my gas gauge working for some time.
    Sending unit is okay but two gauges I have will read until I get over a half tank then just pegs full. So I got a new gauge from S.W. yesterday. I hooked it up out of the dash and works just fine.
    One big hold back is the gauge is to deep so won't fit. Hits the light in the housing for the oil gauge.
    Has any one replaced the stock gauge with an after market type? If so, what kind and how?
    Need help.

John Ratliff

John,

What make/model/year is this gas gauge for? Stock or modified?

Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by r1lark

John,

What make/model/year is this gas gauge for? Stock or modified?

Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Paul, it is a '56 Hawk. Stock.

John Ratliff

Comment

Might try SASCO. There was a box (had the appearence of a trash box) of fuel gauges at the entrace way to the hardware room. I dug through it and came up with a couple of, NOS, boxed, pre WWII fuel gauges. Most were for later vehicles.

Richard

Comment

I have seen adds that say they can repair gauges. I do not know if this includes gas gauges. I did buy one NOS on ebay last year but I have not installed it yet. I guess I am scared to.
          My '57 is not original and I replaced all the gauges with vintage series autometer gauges. The whole set was available including the speedometer and tach. I did have to remove the boxes behind the gauges. The gas gauge is for an aftermarket application (sending unit) Not Ford, Chevy or Dodge application.

1957 Silver Hawk & 1961 Hawk
          Belmont, NC
          [IMG]
          1957 Silver Hawk & 1935 Dictator Street Rod
          Belmont, NC

Comment

Working...
          X