• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alanmende
    replied
    Studebaker International has the whole kit available. From their site:

Part# AC-2499
    Description Includes all Parts, Installation, Instructions and Templates 1953-1955 Windshield Washer Kit

Includes all Parts, Installation, Instructions and Templates.

Kit Includes:
    Bage with cap
    Bag bracket
    Nozzle
    Pump
    Hoses
    Valve
    Price 120.00

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Hummelstown, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    An Anco 65-01 universal pump would work....'If' you are 12v...

A whole $8.89 (plus shipping) from Ryder Fleet Products
    http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/cg...uct_detail.jsp
    That R3 (clone) Avanti I just cleaned up had one mounted right above the stock Stude w/w bag....
    Didn't look out of place (except to an Avanti judge)
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by CLAUDE023

I would like to install windshield washers on my '54 commander. Has anyone out there done a similar installation or is there an easy kit that I can buy with electric pump, solid plastic water container,etc? Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I think I have everything I need for my '53 Coupe except, there appears to be a mounting bracket that attaches to the battery tray to hold the washer bag. SI lists a bracket #535553. How does it attach and does the bag hang over the starter solenoid?
    That bracket attaches to the full frame Battery Hold Down 285758, at the top of the Battery, not the lower tray, and the bag should be above and to the rear of a Commander Solenoid.

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    I regularly see a guy selling NOS kits in the Stude box on eBay for an opening bid of $49.95. They rarely go for more.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    I think I have everything I need for my '53 Coupe except, there appears to be a mounting bracket that attaches to the battery tray to hold the washer bag. SI lists a bracket #535553. How does it attach and does the bag hang over the starter solenoid?

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

Are the Studebaker ones still available?
    Yes, all the pieces ARE available and they are similar to the Ford setup with a bellows pump on the floor.

StudeRich

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    Are the Studebaker ones still available? I dunno. I know we put them on our brand new Daytona in '64.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Leave a comment:

• hotrodstude
    replied
    the 1956 ford i owned had a manual(foot pump)and bag to hold the fluid in.it could be adapted to any car. i think that ford parts vendors still has them.[)]

Leave a comment:

• CLAUDE023
    started a topic windshield washers

windshield washers

I would like to install windshield washers on my '54 commander. Has anyone out there done a similar installation or is there an easy kit that I can buy with electric pump, solid plastic water container,etc? Many thanks
Working...
X