1955 (259)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1955 (259)

Is this a partial flow engine ,does anyone know? Looks like the filter canister is on top . If I went to napa ,do you think they would have one or do I have to wait ,while they order it?

Partial flow. Plan on ordering. Check with Stude Vendors.

Comment

C4. Usually in stock here at the better places. Most will allow you to order one over the phone it not.

Make sure you clean up the gasket ring surface and tighten it up properly, otherwise it will spew oil everywhere! (lesson learned)

Paul

Comment

14x7 if you haven't changed one of these inverted partial flow filters here's a little advise that has been written about before.
        After warming the engine take a punch and punch holes in the top of the filter so it will drain into the crankcase before you unscrew it from its base. Save's you from a very big mess.

Jim Caldwell
        "The view don't change if you ain't the lead dog"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 55 prez

14x7 if you haven't changed one of these inverted partial flow filters here's a little advise that has been written about before.
          After warming the engine take a punch and punch holes in the top of the filter so it will drain into the crankcase before you unscrew it from its base. Save's you from a very big mess.

Jim Caldwell
          I do not believe that he has the inverted screw on type that you are referring to. He should have a canister with a replaceable element in it. I don't want him to go off and punch holes in anything.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X