Pre-bent brake lines for '64 Daytona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-bent brake lines for '64 Daytona?

Anybody know any sources for pre-bent brake lines for a '64 Daytona? Drum brakes, non-power, BTW. Trying to save time any way we can in an effort to get to a car show on July 4!

Thanks,
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    '64 Daytona Hardtop
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Bill: This won't be a show car, so just have Joe make them up from universal lines at NAPA.

You could take off the old ones and and fold and mark them carefully and send them to a place like InLine Tube in Shelby Township MI and they could custom-make you a set, but there's no way they'd be turned around and installed in time for your run on July 4th.

To the best of my knowledge, no one has them pre-made on the shelf for our Studebakers. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob, I called that place and no one has had a 64 lark for brake lines, I know that Bill will want to go that way in the future, I will just replace what lines that break or need to be replaced , and a way we go.....

Joseph Kastellec
      Joseph Kastellec

Comment

Henry Walter purchased a set of pre-bent stainless steel brake lines for his '63 Lark. This is the car that Jamie McLeod (sp?) purchased recently. I don't remember who he purchased the lines from, but Jamie might.

Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Cool, Paul! Please post here if you find out where he got them. Many folks, like Bill Pressler, would like to order lines already made up. We'll pass that information along in The Co-Operator if someone is actually doing it on a commercial basis. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

http://www.inlinetube.com/

These folks do good work. For lines that they don't have you can send the old ones in and get a quick turnaround.

Go to the other american car application. They have 63-64 Studebakers and Avantis in stainless steel and regular.

========================
            63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
            Martinez, CA

Comment

You can also try www.classictube.com . They did the lines for my Packard Hawk. Matched perfectly. Give them a try to see if they have them in stock.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

There you go, Bill! InLine Tube doesn't have many Studebaker applications, but yours is one of them they do have! I hope you called them from my earlier suggestion...but if not, I'd sure do it now! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

There you go, Bill! InLine Tube doesn't have many Studebaker applications, but yours is one of them they do have! I hope you called them from my earlier suggestion...but if not, I'd sure do it now! BP
                  Thanks everybody! I just ordered a set from Inline Tube. I think we're fighting an uphill battle getting everything done by the day before July 4's car show 75 miles away, but I haven't given up yet! Wish me luck!

Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                  '64 Daytona Hardtop
                  Bill Pressler
                  Kent, OH
                  (formerly Greenville, PA)
                  Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                  Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                  1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                  1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                  All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                  X