Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

259 deck height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 259 deck height

since the deck height is so excessive could you get a set of with an altered pin location or a set of rods that would bring the piston closer to the deck. i know j and e use to alter pin locations on special orders. dose the 259 have full skirted pistons? the jahn's that i have are full skirted but they are for a 232.

Good question to ask over at Sonny's Racing Studebaker forum...

http://www.racingstudebakers.com/stl...n/bb/index.php

quote:Originally posted by hotrodstude

since the deck height is so excessive could you get a set of with an altered pin location or a set of rods that would bring the piston closer to the deck. i know j and e use to alter pin locations on special orders. dose the 259 have full skirted pistons? the jahn's that i have are full skirted but they are for a 232.
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I could go out and measure my block...but I've had it cut down to match stock length rods and pistons.
      .004" deck with this setup. While doing it this way plays with the intake a bit...I don't see that as a big deal. You either mess with the pistons, rods or manifold. Something is gonna be off to get a proper deck height..

And as Jeff says..head over to Sonnys site, likely to get most all of your questions answered there.

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X