front shocks for 1962 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front shocks for 1962 Lark

I just replaced the front coils on my 62 Lark. I nopticed that the shocks were shot. When I tried to order new ones at my local NAPA they did not show a listing. What shocks do I order, and who has them? Thanks.

Randy Jetton
    Randy Jetton

Gabrial Classic Gas

Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker stude6@yahoo.com 937-878-1576

quote:Originally posted by preacher

I just replaced the front coils on my 62 Lark. I nopticed that the shocks were shot. When I tried to order new ones at my local NAPA they did not show a listing. What shocks do I order, and who has them? Thanks.

Randy Jetton

Comment

Look for front shocks for a '63-'66 Buick Riviera...same application...but give our vendors a chance first to help.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

i looked up the shocks under monroe web sight and they gave a part number for a chrysler and the rear shocks were the same as the front? is this right?

Comment

not at all, the rears are nothing like the fronts

see my web site for interchanges, but make sure you read all the footnotes

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I used the Corvette front shocks from Nate's interchange on my '63. You need to turn the "holes" in the bottom attachment into "slots" and use a big washer to insure it is clamped tight to the lower A arm, but they work just fine. Same compressed and extended distances. Same top attachment. NAPA's gas shock is $17 each for this one.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
            X