Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotrodstude
    replied
    i'm pretty rought on cars i love street racing i just want good enough brake area i don't have any surprises. my dads commander had a bad heat and fading problem goingnthrough the missouri ozarks. did they make h/d brakes like on police cars or taxi's?

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    replied
    What year is the car you're talking about as the brakes on the cars produced from 1954 on were pretty good at least on the V8 powered cars? The half ton trucks were a different story as they used what I call push and pray brakes until 1963 whem the brakes went to the self energizing style. You should be able to retrofit later brake parts to an earlier car unless it's a Champion with the four lug wheels and it can be done on them, but it's a bunch more work. I friend of mine had a 55 pickup that we installed a Midland Berg hydrovac into the hydraulic system that improved the braking considerably as the truck had marginal stopping power before the retrofit. Bud

Leave a comment:

• Dan White
    replied
    Why would you want to do this? The Studebaker drum brakes work fine as far as I know.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT

Leave a comment:

• hotrodstude
    started a topic brakes

brakes

has anyine updated brakes by using shoes and drums from a different car(gm,ford chry.)? backing plate? don't want disc brakes.
Working...
X