Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Body filler: Fibral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body filler: Fibral

Anyone besides me ever use this? Made in UK and contains glass fibers in the goo. Comes in a bag with a screw top and a tiny bag taped to it with the hardner. Instructions printed on the back are in three languages - none are English! Unless UK can also mean Ukraine, I'm at a loss to know. On the front there were small pictograms indicating the ratio is 3:100. Okay then. Definately could see the fibers and I might have used a tad more hardner than I should as I began to get slow to work with toward the end of the five minutes I was working with it.

Wait, I didn't get slow...IT did.

Comment

Some info on line, http://yhst-13811118617756.stores.ya...aglfirepa.html ,don't know if this helps.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Commonly known as "Tiger Hair" it's a plastic filler with fiberglass strands in it, "more" resistant to cracking out, but, still NOT recommended to be put on real thick. Get your shape "close" and then use plastic filler, then a glaze over the filler to fill in the pin holes.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
        X