Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff_H
    replied
    quote:Weirdest people I have ever tried to do buy any thing from.
    No doubt. Don't plan on zipping in/out of that place. Every time I have been there I think it took at least a hour to get the attention of one of the brothers so I could get a price on the stuff I'd brought up to the office.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Leave a comment:

• Edsel G. Tattooer
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 61Lark

Edsel,

Did you take any pictures when you were out there?

Nick
    Well I had a few issues. On the way I realized that I forgot the camera. Issue 2 was I beleve the starter whent out on the way there (100 Miles). Electrical b as in b s as in s in with my Nissan Sentra.
    Other than that here is my report on what I saw there.

A 50 starlight Nice body panels glass still mostly there 6 cyl in the car. Head I think gone.

A few larks about 4 or 5 in good shape mostly there.

A 2 door commander mostly stripped but good body panels bad hood interior frames still there.

I did see a early hawk there in reasonable shape interior still intact just stinky and weathered engine still in it. body panels good. no fins.

I also saw a 58 president in good shape mostly there worth the pickin'.

They did have a 53 champ in decent shape with a 51 ford sitting on the roof, so the glass is shot, engine gone, seats just frames, bumpers in ok shape needs chrome.

But if you are looking for a ford Pinto, a chevy Monza, a ford mavrick or a older ford or chevy pickup this is a great place to look.

I saw a few old chevys and pontiacs with straight 8s in them and some promising ford flat v8s there as well.

SO if you have spificic questions ask a-way I remember a lot of what I saw I scoped out most every studebaker I saw. I didnt see a land cruiser anywhere

In fact some one from Washington state called when I waled in I assume they got the number from the posting I did just the other day.

Here is there site http://www.rohnersautoparts.com/Rohners_Auto_x.htm

Weirdest people I have ever tried to do buy any thing from.

I walked a way with nothing.

Leave a comment:

• 61Lark
    replied
    Edsel,

Did you take any pictures when you were out there?

Nick

Leave a comment:

• Edsel G. Tattooer
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by royvaldez

Anybody have a phone number for these yard?
    Yes I can get it for you,

Windy Hill Auto
    9200 240th Ave NE
    New London, MN 56273
    (320) 354-2201 http://www.windyhillautoparts.com/

Rohner's Auto Parts
    Willmar, Mn. 320-235-4602

Leave a comment:

• royvaldez
    replied
    Anybody have a phone number for these yard?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied
    At least a few years ago there was a '58 Commander sedan in the yard in question. Black/White. The roll-up antenna from it is in my '53

Not sure which brother gives better deals, but one of them was roaming the local swap meet in Fargo a few weeks ago (a good 3hr drive away from his "turf"). I was looking at "stuff" when I heard a eerily familiar voice behind me talking to the swapper. Turned around and there was what I would consider the "nicer" of the brothers. I think it was Melvin. Maynard always looks like he's in a bad mood.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Leave a comment:

• Edsel G. Tattooer
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

Any 58 Studebakers or Packards? To many parts needed to list. thx

57 & 58 Packards and Larks
    I can look I saw a 57 or 58 Champion at the last yard I posted pics of it. I'll send you the name and Number if you wish.

Leave a comment:

• royvaldez
    replied
    Edsel, Can you see if they have any 1950 Commanders. I am looking for automatic bell housing. Please advise. It could be in a Land Cruiser.

Leave a comment:

• 58PackardWagon
    replied
    Any 58 Studebakers or Packards? To many parts needed to list. thx

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Leave a comment:

• Edsel G. Tattooer
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by jclary

A good steering wheel for a 1951 land cruiser would be nice. While you're at it, see if there is a couple of good bumpers for the 51.
    I know a guy in New Mexico you could get a set from if nothing else. He's got a ton of stude parts. Mostly engines and such but I think he can get bumpers from a guy he knows there.

Leave a comment:

• 61Lark
    replied
    Good luck Edsel. I was up there 5 or so years ago and they had a bunch of bullet noses. Hopefully they haven't "cleaned up" the yard too much since then.

Nick

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    Be sure to talk to the right brother when your
    dealing there.One will cut you a deal while the
    other isnt so generous.Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    A good steering wheel for a 1951 land cruiser would be nice. While you're at it, see if there is a couple of good bumpers for the 51.

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Cool deal, Edsel! Be looking forward to the pics.

Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Leave a comment:

• Edsel G. Tattooer
    started a topic I found another OLD Junk yard

I found another OLD Junk yard

I found a place with more 50's Studebakers.
    Near Willmer Mn. I'll be taking pictures and posting them when I get back.

Here is the attention getter.
    Anything any one needs badly. I could get it while I'm there? IF they have it that is. If you can find a picture of the part and email it to me I'll look for it while I am there. I'm relatively new to the Studebakers so a picture of your car and the part would help me greatly.

No promises But I can try for you.
    Big parts I'll send you pictures and send you the address for the Yard they can and will pull and send them for you.

Owner of a 1950 4 door Commander

I'll Tattoo you anytime!

you can find me at

Lucky Linda's Body Art 952-445-3281
    18 years in the tattooing biz
Working...
X