Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leyrret
    replied
    Drilling all the way through with larger hole on the bottom to allow a flat washer & suitable length sleeve(i.e. piece of pipe) to slip over the bolt would allow plate on outside. I expect it would also be stronger though probably not as pleasing to the eye as a nice fitting plug.

Leave a comment:

• Bellingham Studenut
    replied
    Yes, just the outer seat belt mounts and not the factory door mounts.
    It does require a hole.
    Unfortunately aftermarket belts require a 3" round support plate go under the floor (into the hog troughs) to support under the floor metal.
    I may have to use my 3" hole saw and then use a 3" plug for the hog trough holes.
    I suppose I can do a smaller hole just for the socket if I make some kind of 3" slot (rather than hole) to slip the 3" washer in, but hard to place it.
    I've seen people just bolt to the floor tin, or switch to a small washer underneath, or even bolt it to the seat bolt, but isn't very safe.

James

The Bell Collection
    Bellingham, WA.

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    You can cut an opening to allow you to get a socket up in there with out compromising the hog troughs. I assume you are after market belts and not the one made for the 56J.

The inner belt doest not require cutting any holes in the sub-floor boxes.

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    Hi:
    Excellent question! I have been thinking about the same issue for my 53 Commander Starliner. I believe the coupes don't have the hog troughs, so they don't have the same issue as the hardtops.

Thanks

Howard
    53 Commander Starliner
    56 Sky Hawk

Leave a comment:

• Bellingham Studenut
    started a topic How to mount 56 Golden Hawk Seat Belts?

How to mount 56 Golden Hawk Seat Belts?

Since the 1956 Golden Hawk has Hog Trough style supports that go from outer edge all the way to the frame, I'm wondering how others have mounted seat belts besides on the doors [?]
    The outer mounts for front seat requires a 3" hole drilled through the hog troughs unless someone has done it differently.
    The GT Hawk was easy for mounting the seat belts and electric fuel pump, with space. The Turner Brake dual master cyl also doesn't fit easily because of Packard motor, but got that worked out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

James

The Bell Collection
    Bellingham, WA.
Working...
X