upholstery/headliner clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upholstery/headliner clips

Getting ready to prep the inside of the car to put the body back on frame and found some strange looking clips to attach the headliner or upholstery. They insert into rectangular holes holes in channels, then twist or rotate 90 degrees to lock. Weird looking clips with legs attached (looks like a tooth with the roots attached). These are in a 55 hardtop, but may have other applications. I thought I saw them on here or in a catalogue but can't find 'em now. Anyone know what these are called, and does anyone carry replacements? Thanks Again.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

I know exactly what you mean. I stripped used ones from boneyard cars to get enough but still ran short. They seem to break easily. These hold the "claw" strips to the roof rails and I think the purpose is to allow said strips to spring out a bit when the headliner is tucked in. I wonder if you could simply attach the strips by drilling in a sheet metal screw but put a wave washer under the head or some other way to allow the strip to spring out a little so its not solidly down. I think these were used on many models from at least '53 and up.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thanks, Jeff, those are the ones. Sheet metal screws will be plan B, unless one of our formidable vendors has addressed this part. I know I've seen a shot of them somewhere. Going through back issues of TW to see if there's any help....

Comment

It's a two hour run to Roy Graham's Stude farm in Marmora, Ontario. If I can't find a vendor through the club, that will be plan B. I took my camera to Roy's last fall and have about 75 shots of Roy's vehicles in the fall colours. It's art! I'll send the memory chip to any fellow SDC'r if you want to load them to a photo-site. Or I'll trade for my elusive clips DW

Comment

Working...
        X