sun visor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun visor help

Has anyone ever tried to replace the spring in the sunvisor stem mech. on a 56. I'm sure other models are the same. My spring is broken and rusted and there for very loose. Just for a "never seen this before" previous owners twisted nails around the shaft between the spring to tighten it up. I don't know if it worked or not. If someone has a extra drivers side stem off a 56 Champion I may be interested. Not worried about the chrome I am painting them black. Thanks

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
    Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

would a 1957 commander pass. side work?

Comment

don't know about the year but it would have to be a drivers side. I am going to try to put a new spring in it. I got an idea. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

I knew someone would need this wayward, un-paired bracket...
        Beadblasted and Cad Plated (for rust prevention... even if you paint it)
        Are they interchangeable side-to-side? I don't have a '56 here... but it seems to fit a '59 Lark drivers side...

$12.40 shipped to USA

Ray

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
        Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
        Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

The difference is the distance between the holes. Mine(1956 Champion wagon) are 2 1/4 inches apart. The ones in the picture look like 1 7/8 inches. I know the larks (I believe that is what is pictured) won't work because I bought a set from SASCO last year and they were incorrect and U just sold them on e-bay last week. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Working...
          X