Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clonelark
    replied
    Seems i saw these ads in a early Hot Rod magazine, or an Honest Charlie catalog.

Leave a comment:

• Bengt53
    replied
    This is exciting! Yes go for it StudeRick. And everybody else that can help trace the lost Ark.

Bengt Engwall
    1953 Commander Starliner

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied

StudeRick, by all means, try to find the guy with the patterns! This the lost Ark of Studebaker Speed Parts.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied

StudeRick, by all means, try to find the guy with the patterns! This the lost Ark of Studebaker Speed Parts.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8

Leave a comment:

• Studerick64
    replied
    I was intrigued by that intake manifold the first time I saw one in Bob Mikulucs manifold collection he displayed with his supercharged 50 coupe. As I live in the general area of Marysville I always ask at the local swapmeets about Morgan Studebaker and Frank Morgan. About fifteen years ago I was talking to a gentleman at the Olivehurst swapmeet, he told me that he had molds for heads and intake manifolds that were from Morgan Studebaker. He then told me that Frank Morgan had sent three protoype V-8 engines to Studebaker engineering and had never been paid paid for them. This was sometime before 1955, guess the displacements. I didnt think to get his information but gave him my card and he has never contacted me. Take a good look at that intake manifold its a very well thought out piece and it only makes sense that it was part of a total upgrade. I will be happy to persue any further leads on this.

StudeRick & 64GTGAL
    Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk
    1957 Silver Hawk
    1964 Avanti

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    buddy -
    Got'ya, no problem...!

wcarroll -
    My Lark (2dr wagon) WAS too. When I bought the car, all that stuff was in the back. Then I added a pair of Offy breathers to the rocker covers.

I removed it all from the Lark to put in on my 299 I'm putting into my 54 wagon, along with a L.S. valley cover, which is sortasomewhat close in fin design and layout.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    buddy -
    Got'ya, no problem...!

wcarroll -
    My Lark (2dr wagon) WAS too. When I bought the car, all that stuff was in the back. Then I added a pair of Offy breathers to the rocker covers.

I removed it all from the Lark to put in on my 299 I'm putting into my 54 wagon, along with a L.S. valley cover, which is sortasomewhat close in fin design and layout.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 64Avanti

When was STU-V in Marysville? As far as I know it was in the Los Angelas area until we bought the name. Did John M. live there at one time?
    I guess I heard wrong on that.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Leave a comment:

• wcarroll@outrageous.net
    replied
    N8-
    My '54 Commander was decked out in period correct Offy stuff when I got it -including valve covers, intake, and a matching Offy carb hat. Here's a pic:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...78480179JLZLym

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    John McKusic started and owned Stu-V at 3495 Pico Blvd. in L.A. until you and Chris Bankie bought him out, he kept on as Precision Machine and Tool till just a couple of years ago.

Motor Trend Mag. Dec. 1952

Leave a comment:

• 64Avanti
    replied
    When was STU-V in Marysville? As far as I know it was in the Los Angelas area until we bought the name. Did John M. live there at one time?

David L

Leave a comment:

• buddymander
    replied
    Mike I meant in name only. That the quademon was to morgan as torker was to edelbrock. If I had to pick an edelbrock that was similar, I would have picked "performer". It seemed like people thought his name was "Morgan Quademon".

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I did some work on a Morgan Champ six aluminum head and dual ace intake a year ago...
    Never saw his 4bbl V8 intake before, but it sure looks nice.
    Jeff[8D]

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I don't have any info for you, but that is a very nifty set up...manifold and air cleaner. [^]

The manifold looks like it is set up for both the long, cross shaft hold downs and the later just plain bolts. I'd like it better with the old skool hold downs. [8D]

It's funny that the end bolts are being used even though it is on a '53. It must have a different engine and/or heads OR someone drilled and tapped the heads for the end bolts.

Dick Steinkamp
    It is surely a 1955 or later engine assembly, Dick, that would have had the end manifold hold-down bolts to begin with, in that the fuel pump is not on the oil filler pipe.

That said, perhaps the manifold was made to accomodate either early cross-tie hold downs, or the later hold-downs with four bolts per side, so it could be sold for either application.

As for the bonnet on top of the carburetor, it isn't a Studebaker unit, nor one from a 1957 312/300HP Ford car (non-Thunderbird). However, has anyone seen that bonnet piece for a 312/300HP 1957 Thunderbird?

I have not, so I am curious to know if it could be for the 1957 Ford Thunderbird 312/300 application. I don't really think it is, but "never say never." BP

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    Interesting manifold.

Someone said it's like a Offy manifold.....it's NOT even close.
    Unfortunatly for us...it looks like a lot more engineering time was spent on that manifold. Nice long, large radius'd in all the corners, more even runner lengths.
    And someone mentioned it's like an Edelbrock Torker...wrong again. A Torker is a single plane manifold, where this is a dual plane manifold.

It appears to be nicely done...espically for "when" it was made.

Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X