Help identifying this unusual manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N8-
    My '54 Commander was decked out in period correct Offy stuff when I got it -including valve covers, intake, and a matching Offy carb hat. Here's a pic:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...78480179JLZLym

http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 64Avanti

When was STU-V in Marysville? As far as I know it was in the Los Angelas area until we bought the name. Did John M. live there at one time?
      I guess I heard wrong on that.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

buddy -
        Got'ya, no problem...!

wcarroll -
        My Lark (2dr wagon) WAS too. When I bought the car, all that stuff was in the back. Then I added a pair of Offy breathers to the rocker covers.

I removed it all from the Lark to put in on my 299 I'm putting into my 54 wagon, along with a L.S. valley cover, which is sortasomewhat close in fin design and layout.

Mike

Comment

buddy -
          Got'ya, no problem...!

wcarroll -
          My Lark (2dr wagon) WAS too. When I bought the car, all that stuff was in the back. Then I added a pair of Offy breathers to the rocker covers.

I removed it all from the Lark to put in on my 299 I'm putting into my 54 wagon, along with a L.S. valley cover, which is sortasomewhat close in fin design and layout.

Mike

Comment

I was intrigued by that intake manifold the first time I saw one in Bob Mikulucs manifold collection he displayed with his supercharged 50 coupe. As I live in the general area of Marysville I always ask at the local swapmeets about Morgan Studebaker and Frank Morgan. About fifteen years ago I was talking to a gentleman at the Olivehurst swapmeet, he told me that he had molds for heads and intake manifolds that were from Morgan Studebaker. He then told me that Frank Morgan had sent three protoype V-8 engines to Studebaker engineering and had never been paid paid for them. This was sometime before 1955, guess the displacements. I didnt think to get his information but gave him my card and he has never contacted me. Take a good look at that intake manifold its a very well thought out piece and it only makes sense that it was part of a total upgrade. I will be happy to persue any further leads on this.

StudeRick & 64GTGAL
            Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk
            1957 Silver Hawk
            1964 Avanti
            StudeRick & Johna
            Sacramento CA

1964 GT Hawk, 1963 GT Hawk, 1962 GT Hawk
            1957 Silver Hawk
            1963 Avanti
            1961 Lark Wagon
            1963 Lark Daytona

Comment

StudeRick, by all means, try to find the guy with the patterns! This the lost Ark of Studebaker Speed Parts.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
              PackardV8

Comment

StudeRick, by all means, try to find the guy with the patterns! This the lost Ark of Studebaker Speed Parts.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
                PackardV8

Comment

This is exciting! Yes go for it StudeRick. And everybody else that can help trace the lost Ark.

Bengt Engwall
                  1953 Commander Starliner
                  Bengt Engwall
                  1953 Commander Starliner

Comment

Seems i saw these ads in a early Hot Rod magazine, or an Honest Charlie catalog.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                    X