Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 stude mod
    replied
    sorry about the mistake mike It is a 4 row copper radiator. Im also sorry it took so long to post a reply but I was on a fishing trip to canada and just got back...Thanks for the response Joe Dipipi email joedipipi@msn.com

Leave a comment:

• 53 stude mod
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mike Van Veghten

4 "core" copper....that's a thick radiator...!

53 Stude...don't you mean 4 "row" radiator?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• emc53
    replied
    I just bought a 3 row from summit it will take a little work but if will do the job.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    4 "core" copper....that's a thick radiator...!

53 Stude...don't you mean 4 "row" radiator?

Mike

Leave a comment:

• 53 stude mod
    replied
    I have a 4 core copper radiator with 2, 10 inch electric fans mounted on it. I had this Rad made by motts radiator shop using the ooriginal 53 tanks top and bottom. I was going to use it in my 53 modified stude but It wouldn't do the job on my hi performance chev big block. I had a cross flow aluminium one made by griffin that works excellent. It was pricy at 800.00 but what can you do.. If you are intrested in buying the copper core one and can make arragements to pick it up i would sell it for 350.00. I will be away on a fishing trip to canada as of tommorow but will be back on wed. May 27th. My email is joedipipi@msn.com. I will check my email and this forum when I get back..Thanks and good luck with your stude..Joe Dipipi...P.S. I am located in northeast penna (allentown area..

Leave a comment:

• emc53
    replied
    Thats my problem I don't have an old one. The car I bought has a chevy engine and no radiator. The previous owner said the studebaker radiator was damaged and he scraped it.

Leave a comment:

• N8N
    replied
    Not the cheapest choice, but I believe Dave used a radiator from Rodney Red in Sheba. I had looked into having him make one for my '55 but he wants a radiator to use for a pattern and I didn't want to have all that downtime. (amusing in retrospect, seeing as I have had very little time to finish/enjoy the car.) I ended up having a local guy rod and resolder my old rad and he claims it's fine, so it all worked out well. I *still* have not found a "spare" rad for my car yet, so if you go down that road I might be interested in your old one. (v-8?)

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• emc53
    started a topic 53 radiator choices

53 radiator choices

I need to replace my radiator with a GM type radiator. Does anyone know or recommend an easy swap.
Working...
X