Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Part Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Numbers

Is there a part number stamped someplace on front passenger door circa late 50's to early 60's?
    I bought a right front door on Ebay for my 60 Lark but it is too large. I'm going to try to sell it but don't want somebody else to make the same mistake I did.
    MWM

1960 Econ-o-miler V-8

NO - no numbers.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

SWAG answer...
      A two door 'door' will be bigger than a four door 'door'..
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by IndyMark

Is there a part number stamped someplace on front passenger door circa late 50's to early 60's?
      I bought a right front door on Ebay for my 60 Lark but it is too large. I'm going to try to sell it but don't want somebody else to make the same mistake I did.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If your Lark is a 4-door, you probably have a door for a 2-door sedan. As Jeff noted, the doors for the 2-doors are longer. And the doors for the hardtops and convertibles don't have the frame around the window.

Skip Lackie
        Washington DC
        Skip Lackie

Comment

The part numbers for NOS replacement doors were usually a yellow number spraypainted by a template on the inside door panel. I have never seen that number on an OEM door.

IF the size of the door is correct(length/height), but the window surround doesn't fit the roofline- it's likely you have a '57-'60 (?) station wagon door. I was sold an NOS wagon door and told it would fit a '59-60 and my champ truck... but of course- it doesn't. It is about 3/4" too tall at the back.

The wagon door also does not have the body-line stamping at the top rear of the window frame:

You should be able to see where Studebaker welded a different "top" onto the window frame:

I cut the top off my original door- and installed it on this NOS door.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
          Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
          Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Working...
          X