Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

tool needed/ drum puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool needed/ drum puller

danny looked for a drum puller at South Bend with no luck. anybody have one you'd like to sell? lemme know.
    thanks.[8D]
    please don't holler at me if this is NOT where I should have posted this....I'm outta the loop these days and don't know what's up with this forum thang.

Melody L. Snow

My brother in Indiana has a drum puller. He wants $60 for it plus shippng. I can send you a picture if you need to see it.

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

You can buy one on EBAY as well. Saw them on there last week. Brand new.

Comment

I believe Chuck Collins loans them out with a deposit, as well. Check this link for details.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard
        http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
        www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

thanks guys. I'll relay the info to danny. I'm not gonna use it! he looked in SB and didn't find one...and he just returned a borrowed one last night. he's just tired of borrowing when he needs one and decided to buy one. I don't do ebay, but suppose I could to look at prices there for him, as we don't have internet at home...just my work computer.
          thanks again!

quote:Originally posted by uasrs

You can buy one on EBAY as well. Saw them on there last week. Brand new.
          Melody L. Snow

Comment

I'll let him know dan and get back to ya if he's interested. We just drove from SB to Cincy...probably could have picked it up on the way!
            quote:Originally posted by Dan White

My brother in Indiana has a drum puller. He wants $60 for it plus shippng. I can send you a picture if you need to see it.

Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            Melody L. Snow

Comment

You really need a hub puller, not a drum puller.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I think the last time I looked at AutoZone they could lend you one. Their tool-lending program is a great feature.

Comment

Mel,
                  It was GREAT to see you in So. Bend!! and you know what I mean. You & Danny must not have looked too hard, as there were 2 or 3 at the fairgrounds!
                  But contact Chuck Collins in Az. He has some that he made up I think.

Jim
                  "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                  their Memorials!

Comment

I'll add my "great to see you" as well.
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

The one at Auto Zone is a light duty one. I used one last week on a 55 President State I just got.It had been sitting for about 30 years. I had Motor running that night on a bottle.Make sure you greese the bolt to keep it from scalding. I had to heat one hub to get it off The other came of easy. Doug M

Comment

You can buy them 24/7 from this guy for $55.00 and it comes in a nice box to put it away. I want one too just because I don't like begging or borrowing anything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=370175308134

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
                        Oakville, Ontario.
                        Hamilton Chapter
                        See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
                        1964 GT Hawk
                        PSMCDR 2014
                        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                        PSMCDR 2013
                        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I'm just the messenger here, so I'll correct Danny on what it's called!

quote:Originally posted by studegary

You really need a hub puller, not a drum puller.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Melody L. Snow

Comment

yep, and it was also GREAT to see you!!! and I do know what ya mean.
                            I didn't look at all, as I don't even know what one looks like, and yes, I have seen one, but I don't care about tools I don't use! Danny said he saw one at the fairgrounds but it was gone when he went back later. As for me, you saw how intently I was looking at parts...that's why I occupied that empty chair for ya a few times. I had a good time, was so happy to see everyone...and that's all I was there for! I'll pass the info on to Danny about all the posts here. thanks again!
                            take care....

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Mel,
                            It was GREAT to see you in So. Bend!! and you know what I mean. You & Danny must not have looked too hard, as there were 2 or 3 at the fairgrounds!
                            But contact Chuck Collins in Az. He has some that he made up I think.

Jim
                            Melody L. Snow

Comment

same here bob, and sorry I never got back around to chat for a bit, but I did alot of sitting this weekend!
                              quote:Originally posted by bob40

I'll add my "great to see you" as well.
                              Melody L. Snow

Comment

Working...
                              X