Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in NC got a gas tank for 66 Cruiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edpjr
    replied
    Thanks! I did buy new fenders from SASCO.

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

SASCO also has stacks of '64-66 front fenders.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• kamzack
    replied
    I'll throw my 2 cents worth in here. Having been through rust and scale in the gas tank of my 66 Daytona, I can empathize with your delima. Mine wasn't pinholed from rust so I did an econo clean and seal. If ya have to replace the tank, I'd rather move a fill tube as opposed to a salvage yard tank that may be full of gremlins. Ya may wind up with similar circumstances. I'd grit my teeth and buy da NOS tank and move the fill tube and it's already embossed for the sedan location.
    Kim

quote:Originally posted by edpjr

They got the tank off and said it's done for. I was skeptical too. Supposedly, they found us a replacement from a salvage yard in Raleigh. So we may be rolling again by the end of the week and getting ready to address the body rust issues. Thanks!

quote:Originally posted by wolfie

What part of NC are you in? If that tank doesnt leak or isnt crushed I have seen very few that cant be boiled and sealed. Depending on how bad it is a radiator shop could be your friend. If that doesnt work fill the tank full with 8 parts water and 1 part muratic acid then seal it with a good tank sealer. I prefer the Kreme brand myself but there are others reputed to be as good. Most body supply houses and better motorcycle shops carry some type,though m/c shops will usually have to order the larger size you will need. Steve

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    I've got a beautiful gas tank for your car, but I'm in California. What to do.... what to do.....

sals54

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    Is there another 'Brand X' tank that would fit a 1966 Stude sedan? I was told an early 1950's Ford Customline repro may............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    SASCO also has stacks of '64-66 front fenders.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• edpjr
    replied
    They got the tank off and said it's done for. I was skeptical too. Supposedly, they found us a replacement from a salvage yard in Raleigh. So we may be rolling again by the end of the week and getting ready to address the body rust issues. Thanks!

quote:Originally posted by wolfie

What part of NC are you in? If that tank doesnt leak or isnt crushed I have seen very few that cant be boiled and sealed. Depending on how bad it is a radiator shop could be your friend. If that doesnt work fill the tank full with 8 parts water and 1 part muratic acid then seal it with a good tank sealer. I prefer the Kreme brand myself but there are others reputed to be as good. Most body supply houses and better motorcycle shops carry some type,though m/c shops will usually have to order the larger size you will need. Steve

Leave a comment:

• edpjr
    replied
    That is correct. What SASCO has in stock fits 59-63, but they say it can be modified to fit 64-66 by relocating the filler tube.

quote:Originally posted by rkapteyn

I think that the only tanks that Sasco has left are for the wagons.
    You can move the filler neck to fit your car.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• edpjr
    replied
    Thanks for the info! The car came from Virginia. It's got rusted rocker panels (bad) and front fenders. We're gonna order replacement rockers, but my brother says can fix the fenders.

quote:Originally posted by thom

edpjr,You should talk to the guys at Gemco here locally. I have seen some tanks that they made and plan to take the tank out of my 55 truck to them next week.They are on 321A in Joyceton.Your car looks good.Did you find it here locally?I work in the parts dept at the local Chev/Buick/Pontiac/gmc dealer. Good day

thom

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    replied
    I think that the only tanks that Sasco has left are for the wagons.
    You can move the filler neck to fit your car.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• thom
    replied
    edpjr,You should talk to the guys at Gemco here locally. I have seen some tanks that they made and plan to take the tank out of my 55 truck to them next week.They are on 321A in Joyceton.Your car looks good.Did you find it here locally?I work in the parts dept at the local Chev/Buick/Pontiac/gmc dealer. Good day

thom

Leave a comment:

• whacker
    replied
    Check with SASCO. You may find a new one at a good price.

Leave a comment:

• wolfie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• edpjr
    started a topic Anybody in NC got a gas tank for 66 Cruiser?

Anybody in NC got a gas tank for 66 Cruiser?

While mine's not leaking yet, my mechanic insists I need a new one because of serious rust. I just wanted the vent tube opened up and debris cleaned out of the bottom of the tank. But, it's already off the car. The problem started with air being trapped in it and not being able to fill it with gas or getting steady fuel flow to the 2V carb on the 283 engine.
Working...
X