Transmittion 39-40 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmittion 39-40 Champion

Transmittion from 39-40 Champion.Can someone tell me where I can obtain a good useable gear box or where to buy new o/s gears.
    The transmittion case markings are as follows
    T84F-1 WG DIV MF1 3-30 This a R.H.D. Australian model.
    fingers crossed Regards Peter.

Are you saying that the gear levers are on the right side of the transmission? I don't think so! Regardless, the gears would be the same.
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Here's an interesting tidbit from the 1934 to 1946 Chassis parts catalog: Complete transmissions were available ONLY for '41 - 42 & 46 Champions. For all other models back thru '34, it was strictly parts only!

Also, later Stude cars that were RHD used either special linkages or cables to operate the transmissions. For the most part tho, the trannys themselves were the same as used for LHD. I see no mention of provisions for RHD in that earlier catalog although I confess I didn't look very hard.[B)]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by peter

Transmittion from 39-40 Champion.Can someone tell me where I can obtain a good useable gear box or where to buy new o/s gears.
        The transmittion case markings are as follows
        T84F-1 WG DIV MF1 3-30 This a R.H.D. Australian model.
        fingers crossed Regards Peter.
        Peter, I have a tranny from a '40 Champion. Thing is, it's promised to a friend, who bought the remainder of the car it came from. I'll give him a call and ask if he can part with it.

It's a T84, and the shift levers are on the left side, as viewed from the perspective of a rider in the car.

BTW, military Jeeps from the WWII era use T84 transmissions, too. Parts are available for sure. Try going to www.g503.com It's a Jeep-related site.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Dang! I didn't realize that gordr! There was the mortal remains of a WWII era Jeep in a yard not far from me and I'm meant to go back and scavenge the top shifter off the doggone thing, but never did. I'm sure it's gone now.[8]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X