Road Draft Tube ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Draft Tube ?

I did a search and came up with nothing! I know I have seen this info here before. Anyway what steel wool do use in the road draft tube? I have coarse steel wool and it looks like it might be to restrictive? Thanks

Buy the coarsest steel wool you can. Then pull it apart to expand it as much as possible and use a wad of the expanded (i.e., most open) material. The material is really there only to keep bugs and such from wandering up the tube into the valley cover. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I used a piece of copper scrubbing pad...very coarse and open and it wont rust.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by new cruiser

I used a piece of copper scrubbing pad...very coarse and open and it wont rust.
        This guy knows what he's talking about... I do the same..
        I also put the cotter pin THROUGH the copper mesh- not just under it. It takes a bit of wiggling... but you can get it in there.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
        Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
        Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Ditto the copper scrubbing pad. Buy one pad and have enough goods for several cars.

Comment

Do yourself and the environment a favor and install a PCV valve!
            Unless, of course this is 380+ point show car . . .

Comment

Working...
            X