Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DilloCrafter
    replied
    Seeing as how the one from Summit Racing is a Stewart Warner, why don't our vendors consider carrying that same one as an alternative to the OEM style, for the CASO in all of us?

Just a suggestion, so that the Stude vendors don't lose out on the sale.

[img=left]http://simps.us/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]
    Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Leave a comment:

• Rerun
    replied
    Thanks, all.

I guess that the fact that the sending unit had jumped from $50 to $85 in price sort of ticked me off. This unit is a wiper resistor only, without the fuel pick-up or strainer, so $50 was really an outside figure for its value. The $31 unit from Summit is probably more realistic.

Anyhow, I decided to pull the existing sending unit and see what was going on. I found that the wiper was somewhat corroded and not making good contact. I drilled out the rivets and pulled the wiper. I cleaned it and adjusted the tension of the arm. After re-assembly, I installed it and it seems to be functioning OK.

Jim Bradley
    Lewistown PA
    '78 Avanti II

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    You can get a sending unit from Auto Meter for the 240/33 ohm gauge used by an Avanti It comes with instructions on how to measure and set it properly for an individual car. It's not quite the drop-in procedure as the proper sender is but is a pretty simple install. It costs $31.88 from Summit Racing <http://store.summitracing.com/partde...toview=sku>. The Auto Meter part number is 3262. The cost from Jegs is probably about the same.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Leave a comment:

• WCP
    replied
    It can cost a lot more if you run out of fuel.

Leave a comment:

• Lenny R2
    replied
    I installed a fuel sending unit in my 62 champ pickup from sumitt same ohm rating as studebaker,has
    a adjustable arm that can be cut to size.Let me know and i can look up the part number.It might
    work in the Avanti.On my 63 Avanti if the fuel sender goes i am going to get one.

Lenny
    Atlanta Ga.

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Rerun

Does anyone have an interchange for the fuel sending unit used on the Avanti? I know that they are available from a couple of our favorite vendors, but the price has jumped to $85. Call me a CASO, but that's a bit much for a sending unit!

That's about as cheap as you'll find.

JDP/Maryland

Leave a comment:

• Rerun
    started a topic Avanti Fuel Sending Unit

Avanti Fuel Sending Unit

Does anyone have an interchange for the fuel sending unit used on the Avanti? I know that they are available from a couple of our favorite vendors, but the price has jumped to $85. Call me a CASO, but that's a bit much for a sending unit!

Jim Bradley
    Lewistown PA
    '78 Avanti II
Working...
X