Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N8N
    replied
    if it is the original vacuum advance and has a flare fitting on it you can fabricate a new hard line from brake tubing, OR just use a short length of brake tubing and a flare nut and use that as a hose nipple.

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Leave a comment:

• Bud
    replied
    You can use a neoprene hose in place of the metal tube providing the vacuum advance is good otherwise the vacuum advance can will have to be replaced. I usually use a NAPA VC 685 for replacement of the original unit. The later engines used a hose instead of a tube. Bud

Leave a comment:

• Rerun
    replied
    Jerry,

The vacuum advance for the DELCO should be readily available from your FLAPS at a reasonable price. The diaphragm on old ones frequently leak, anyhow.

Jim Bradley
    Lewistown PA
    '78 Avanti II

Leave a comment:

• jeryst
    started a topic Vacuum advance hookup question

Vacuum advance hookup question

I just bought the correct Delco distributor for my 57 GH. The vacuum advance has a small metal tube coming out of it, that was obviously cut off. Since it is only about an eighth of an inch long (Why do people do that? Couldnt they have left an inch for Gods sake?), I cant connect a hose or anything to it. What is the best way to remedy the situation? Do I have to get another metal tube, or can I just put in a small piece of tube and use a rubber hose? Where should it connect, or doesnt it matter as long as there is vacuum?
Working...
X