Owner of a 1950 4 door Commander

I'll Tattoo you anytime!

you can find me at

Lucky Linda's Body Art 952-445-3281
    18 years in the tattooing biz

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    I believe Chuck Collins offers this and other glass. He has a website. Also Champ Parts offers these glasses. Check elsewhere on this Forum for websites.

IF you have a longtime established glass shop in your area, just ask for NAGS pattern #4211S. (And if they want to sell their old pattern sets, e-mail me)

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    If you are having him replace the glass, let him pull the windshield and use the old glass for the pattern. Just make sure you get the windshield rubber first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Leave a comment:

• Edsel G. Tattooer
    replied
    Well here is the deal He's giving me. I get the pattern he does it for cost. (The room goes quiet)he said $20

I do know of a company I had side windows cut out of new safety glass. Their service was great. They accidentally cut 2 door windows for my 4 door. When I called them they said No problem cut the right ones and sent them out asap No charge told me to keep the other windows.

They will do clear, green, hot rod gray, they even etch the glass so it will have the right etched marks so it looks factory if you want it.

Here is there link http://www.sandersreproglass.com/

I'll Tattoo you anytime!

you can find me at

Leave a comment:

• Lothar
    replied
    Which "various companies" make 1950 Studebaker flat windshield panels? What about door windows? How do I order glass from them?

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
    Holdrege NE

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    I can tell you that varoius glass companies make and sell that glass and the price is reasonable.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Leave a comment:

replied
    quote:Originally posted by jclary

Do you mean he can reproduce a curved one piece windshield? What did he say he would charge?
    A '50 Commander 4-door still had the two piece windshield. Only Starlights, convertibles and Land Cruisres had the one-piece in '50. In '51 they all were one piece.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Leave a comment:

• jclary
    replied
    Do you mean he can reproduce a curved one piece windshield? What did he say he would charge?

Leave a comment:

• Edsel G. Tattooer
    started a topic Windshield pattern for a 50 commander

Windshield pattern for a 50 commander

Would any one here have a pattern for a windshield 50 commander?

Or Does anyone have one out of a car they could trace for me?

I have a guy that cuts glass for a glass company willing to make me a new safety glass windshield if I get him the pattern.

I'll Tattoo you anytime!

you can find me at

Working...
X