Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom wheels for a 64

Has anyone ever bought 15x7-15x8 wheels for a 64 Stude
    These have a 4.5" offset for the 15x8 and a 4" offset for the 15x7 and are for a 65 Mustang.
    I could go 15x7 all the way around if i had to. They are $658 to my door by fed-ex.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

I bought a set of 17 X 8 like that for a Mustang for $200. used.

Comment

Got a pic? Are they 17x8 on front also?

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I have found on '64-'66 models you can push the limit to 5 1/2" or 6" quite easily, but not more than 6 on the the front, a 7" with the right offset can work on the rear only but usually Ford/Dodge factory wheels are the only ones with the correct offset, not most currently available Custom wheels.

You need to check our extensive list of correct backset/offset posts, to find what works, I doubt these actually work, and 8 inches...Ha forget it!

There is another reason besides fender clearance and wheel bearing overstress, the TIRES of the correct height, will not properly fit those way too wide rims.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Bob, another way to put these 7" and 8" rim widths in perspective is to compare against your 4.5' wide rims. Basically you have to find space for another 2.5" to 3.5" of rim width. Your car has little clearance for rim widths increasing to the outside - so most of the increase in rim width would have to go to the inside if you could get it to clear suspension, frame, inner fenderwell body. I think you will need a mini-tub rear wheelwell for 8" wide rims.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
          Packrat junk collector
          '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

If you go with the Torque Thrust II 15 x 6 you should be fine. Torque Thrust D or {Cragar 15 x 6 3.75 inch backspace from Summit will work nicely. were just recently 142$ each}. Jegs, same price. jimmijim Complications arise when going wider than 6 inch. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
            X