Gauges wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauges wanted

I need GT Hawk oil gauge #1555454 and a GT Hawk fuel gauge #1555453 for reproduction samples. Two of each would be nice but any NOS sample is fine.
    I will buy the gauges or replace them with two reproductions when they are complete.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Chuck Collins
    2410W. Freeway Ln.
    Phoenix AZ 85021
    chuck@studebakerparts.com

So Chuck does that mean that you are not interested in doing the 1562588 Fuel Gauge for Red Bulbs, with clear lense (windows) or 1562589 Oil Press. Gauge with same for '64 GT Hawk.

The numbers you gave are with Blue Windows for Clear Bulbs used on '62-'63 GT's.

Also the Temp. and Fuel are the ones that fail, rarely the Ammeter or Oil Press.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Geez Rich... Just be glad that he's reproducing some of them! [)]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Geez Rich... Just be glad that he's reproducing some of them!
        Yeah, I know there is less demand for '64 only.

Now that I think about, it might be better to make the '64 instead of the '62-'63 since the lighting is somewhat dim anyway, you could brighten it up quite a bit with clear windows instead of those robin egg blue ones, and then it would also work with Red bulbs on '64's! [^]
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I already have NOS Amp and Temp gauges. I was thinking of trying to reproduce all four gauges with clear lenses. The die cost for one is the same for all. Only the face and working inside parts inside would be different.
          If I can get the basic gauge for one price, the variations would cost less in quantities of less than 1,000 units.
          Chuck

Comment

Chuck - I do not have a Hawk and likely never will, but you taking on this sort of project is appreciated by all of us. Thank-you. [^]

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
            May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
            http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment