paint color for engine accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint color for engine accessories

Hey Guys, I have a 1953 Champion. I know the engine is supposed to be green and the items that attach to it should be black. such as the air cleaner, oil filler tube, breather tube, fan etc. However, should these items be gloss black, semi or flat black?
    Thanks for your help,
    Sam Cathey

Sam Cathey

quote:Originally posted by slcathey

Hey Guys, I have a 1953 Champion. I know the engine is supposed to be green and the items that attach to it should be black. such as the air cleaner, oil filler tube, breather tube, fan etc. However, should these items be gloss black, semi or flat black?
    Semi-gloss black (per John Bridges book), but I think most people use gloss.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I've been using Eastwood's Under Hood Black over their Self-etching Primer. Looks great and seems to hold up well.

Comment

Duplicolor black semi gloss in a can from Oreilly, over same brand self etching primer.

ChopStu
        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X