Lark Interior interchangeability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Interior interchangeability

A friend of mine with a sharp 62 Lark 2 door sedan is going to upgrade his interior, (front and rear bench seat covers and front door and rear pannel) due to it being the wrong color. I'm pretty sure it would fit perfectly in a 63. What about the earlier and later models. What are the differences. What modifications if any, would be needed for it to fit in a 64-66 or a 59-61. THANKS

Richard Burks
    53s
    57 Transtar
    My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
    sigpic
    Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
    in the Geographic center of Tennessee

The Seats or seat skins that you are thinking about swapping probably will not be much problem if you go from solid bottom front cushion and split back from a '62 2 Dr. Sedan to same, in the other car, most newer cars usually were ordered with split bottom cushions however.

It's the door and 1/4 trim panel that will be a problem.
    If you check pictures of '62 and '63 Larks you will see that the door and window design underwent a MAJOR change in '63, gone are the 1953 door window frames, the new narrow frames required door panels that "wrap" the top of the door, and the rear 1/4 window shape was different about every year, except '64-'66 which usually affects it's trim panel.
    The front door panels should fit only on a 2 Dr. Sedans back to '59 with the main difference being, each year having a different design with different colors.
    As far as a '62 fitting anything newer as said above, there is NO chance.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

For sure, door panels from 62-earlier Larks will not fit 63-later Larks.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X